"The results are amazing! I smile much more and feel more secure and happier. Simply put, I feel great!"
-John (Actual Patient)
Doylestown Adult Orthodontics
Think braces are just for kids? Not so fast! Adult orthodontics is one of the most powerful tools in Doylestown dentist Dr. Beth Snyder’s repertoire. Adult orthodontics can not only give you the perfectly straight smile you always wished you had, but it can also improve your facial symmetry and even your health!
Dr. Snyder’s Approach
While some orthodontists primarily treat young people or adults who want to improve the appearance of their smiles, dentists trained in neuromuscular dentistry do more. Because of her advanced training from LVI Controlled Arch Orthodontics including adult facial growth and her experience caring for patients with severe TMJ disorder, Dr. Snyder always starts with an evaluation of the foundation – your jaw joint (also known as TMJ), your airway, your tongue position, and your posture. If your jaw is functioning properly, large enough to encompass your dentition comfortably, and properly positioned, your bite, teeth, and appearance are more likely to be healthy. If not, everything from chewing to breathing, to tooth wear will be off. And it will show in your appearance!
To counteract that imbalance, Dr. Snyder offers life-transforming, Beautiful Face Orthodontics.
The Beauty Benefits of Adult Orthodontics
Even if your primary goal in seeking orthodontic treatment is to treat jaw pain or muscle strain from a bad bite, there are definite benefits to your appearance.
Beautiful Face Orthodontics gives you:
- Fuller lips
- A lifted jawline
- More balanced features and smile
- A more youthfully-contoured face
- And, of course, gorgeously straight teeth
The Health Benefits of Adult Orthodontics
Dr. Snyder really does believe that health and beauty go hand-in-hand. Her Beautiful Face Orthodontics can:
- Improve nasal breathing
- Reduce symptoms of sleep apnea by opening your airway
- Reduce congestion
- Offer long-term stability
- Lessen wear and tear on teeth from clenching and grinding
- Give relief from chronic headaches and other TMJ disorder symptoms
- Help relax your jaw muscles and improve your bite
- Offer more room in your oral cavity for comfort and stability
Because each person’s situation is different, and everyone’s needs are unique, we never offer a one-size-fits-all solution. Dr. Snyder offers her Bucks County adult orthodontics patients:
- Traditional metal braces – the perfect choice for making major changes both in the jaw and in tooth alignment. We often recommend metal braces for our severe TMJ-disorder cases.
- Porcelain finish braces – these braces blend into your smile to offer discretion combined with the power of traditional orthodontia
- Invisalign® – the clear braces alternative
If you have been struggling with TMJ disorder, an imbalanced facial appearance, or crooked teeth, we can help! It’s never too late to find the beautiful, functional smile you always wanted!